What you will need:
1 lb lean ground beef (you can substitute lean ground turkey breast if you prefer, or do 1/2 and 1/2)
1/2 onion, chopped
1-3 jalapeno peppers, chopped (add to your preferred heat level)
2 cloves garlic, minced
15 oz can of no/low sodium tomato sauce
Your favorite no/low sodium taco seasoning, use half of what it says to use for 1 lb of lean ground beef
2 cups cooked brown rice (you can also use quinoa)
4-6 Bell peppers, cut off tops & seed (this recipe will comfortably stuff 4 peppers with some extra filling left over)
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Saute ground beef over medium heat with onions, garlic and jalapeno peppers until meat is completely cooked.
3. Pour beef mixture into a bowl and add tomato sauce, brown rice, and seasoning. Mix thoroughly.
4. Stuff each pepper to the top with the mixture.
5. Place stuffed peppers in a glass baking dish and bake in oven for 1 hour.
6. Remove from oven and serve with your favorite sides. We love using plain Greek yogurt in place of sour cream and serving with a nice green salad and fresh chopped veggies. Enjoy!