What you will need:
1 cup all purpose whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
dash of salt
2 tbsp. of butter made with olive oil
1/2 cup organic light brown sugar
1 large egg
1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups of quick oatmeal
1/2-1 cup of dark chocolate chips
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
3. In another large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars. Then, add the egg, applesauce, and the vanilla and mix until well blended.
4. Slowly stir in the flour mixture, just until blended, and then stir in the oats. Then, stir in desired amount of chocolate chips, mix well.
5. Drop spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet about an inch apart.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned
7. Let cool for about 3 minutes, serve, and enjoy!