What you will need for the crust:
1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup butter made from olive oil, very cold
4-6 Tablespoons cold water
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
What you will need for the Apple Pie filling:
1 apple cored and cubed
1 packet truvia or 1tbs. of your favorite stevia brand
1 tbs. cinnamon
3 tbs. unsweetened apple sauce
1 tbs. olive oil
1/4 cup of stevia & Cinnamon mixture
Instructions for the Apple Pie filling:
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place apples, applesauce, packet of truvia, and cinnamon in a med. bowl. Mix well, and set aside.
Instructions for the crust:
1. Put the salt, flour, and butter into a food processor until the mixture looks like crumbs. Or, if you don’t have a food processor, cut the butter and salt into the mixture with a fork.
2. Mix in water 1 tbs. at a time until dough is formed.
3. Empty the dough onto a lightly floured surface or parchment paper
4. Place a piece of parchment paper over the top and roll the dough until is is about 1/4 inch think.
5. Cut the dough into multiple 2×4 inch squares
6. Place the pieces that are going to be on the bottom of the pastries on a non-stick cookie sheet.
Finishing the pastries:
1. Scoop about 2-3 tbs. of the apple mixture onto the pastry pieces that are already sitting on the cookie sheet, and then cover them with the top pieces of the pastries.
2. Pinch all of the sides together to make sure that they are sealed, and then push down on all edges of the pastries with a fork.
3. With a fork poke holes in the tops of all of the pastries, brush tops with olive oil, and sprinkle with desired amount of stevia & cinnamon mixture.
4. Cook for about 25-30 minutes or until golden brown, Make sure to watch them carefully!
5. Let cool, serve, & enjoy!